Sunday, July 6, 2014

Apology

(An apology letter I received recently from a professional organization.)

Dear Colleague:

The abstract submission process for our coming conference failed to meet your, the organization's, and my expectations. Our organization is committed to making every aspect of the conference as flawless as possible, and we failed to meet our own standard.

I apologize.

The organization's leadership, staff, and I have already started to address the technical and process challenges that caused the problems we experienced this time. We understand what went wrong, realize that it can't happen again, and will fix it. If you have suggestions for improving the process, please email them to me at xxx@yyy.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely, et cetera.

**********************
Sincere, eh?

Yes, very sincere - without saying anything solid. I am almost coming to the conclusion that the mail is written by the Chief Executive of our city.

No comments: