Friday, July 18, 2014

Bully

Shortly after finishing with a book that I disagree with, I found myself discussing with Vivian a famous Mrs. Leung.

“I really cannot understand why she comes out and makes such a fuss of the columnist,” my wife began, “I read through that article several times and it has nothing against her daughter. Well, it may be pointing a finger to our Chief Executive, but who doesn’t? The reality is, no one paid any attention to that article until our First Lady came out and, judging by the effect, made an advertisement!”

“My dear, you are absolutely correct,” I made a default response, “I must say our First Lady could hardly be considered charming, and there is no reason to be forgiving to her inappropriate behaviour. Nonetheless,  I feel slightly uneasy after reading hundreds of comments and criticisms and jokes about her. If I were asked to give an example of cyberbullying (網絡欺凌), this is a perfect illustration!”

No comments: