Monday, July 7, 2014

Puzzle

(Another conversation that I recently overheard between a mother and her son.)

“Mum, my birthday present is really tough.”

“Why? The puzzle is suitable for your age, isn’t it?”

“So is it written on the box, but I’m not so sure. You know, when I open the box and start to put the pieces together, none of them seem to appear at the right time.”

“What do you mean?”

“Mum, the pieces come in several packs and I have to open them one by one. Let me show you the problem. Look, Pooh and piglet are standing at this corner. This is the only place with bright red and orange. But, when I open the first pack, there are only three or four orange pieces. The same problem happens with the brown pieces that correspond to Roo and Tigger. It is quite useless to give them to me that early – without a background of similar pieces, I can’t really fit them in to the whole picture.”

No comments: