Thursday, July 31, 2014

Guaranteed

One Friday night, just before we went to bed, Vivian said, “I have taken half day off tomorrow morning. Need to go to the bank and settle some minor problem.”

“Em…” I wasn’t really paying any attention.

“I wonder if they are going to sell any new financial product to me.” She went on.

“Alas, do you remember what happened ten years ago?” I raised my eyebrow.

Of course my wife knew. Shortly after we got married, she was persuaded to invest on something that she perceived as Principal Guaranteed Fund (保本基金). The result? I consider the name of the fund that my wife heard was an abbreviation – the full name is Principal Guaranteed to Vanish Fund (保證蝕本基金).

“Alright. If anything of that kind happen tomorrow, I will get the information and walk away.” My wife said.

“Let’s see…” I said to myself.

No comments: