Thursday, August 21, 2014

Check

I took an extra day off after back from Seoul. Euterpe has joined the government's Student Health Program and it was time for her yearly medical and dental check up. Naturally I accompanied her to the clinic.

To my surprise, it turns out to be a busy day. We left home at 10:30 AM and went to the student health center in Chai Wan. The procedure took an hour or so, and then we lunched in the shopping mall next to the MTR station. Rather than going back home, we spent the time between the two check-ups in the Central Library. The dental appointment was 3:30 PM in Wan Chai and it was well after 5 PM when we were home again.

And the day was not activity without result. During this trip around the Hong Kong island, Euterpe had a formal test of vision and hearing, a dental caries being filled, a thorough cleansing of her teeth, and a number of minor things.

On our way home, my princess was obviously exhausted. I was, too. However, I felt puzzled and disturbed.

It is an expensive service that we are having!

No comments: