Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Deoksugung

I was so happy to hear from KF that I decided to appreciate the rising sun (not my usual self, seriously) and went for a walk.

It was early in the morning. The weather was perfect. My hotel was next to Deoksugung (德壽宮) and, naturally, I could not resist the temptation of paying a short visit. The Taehanmun Gate (大漢門) had not yet opened, and I ended up walking around the palace – appreciating the artistic castle wall, falling leaves of the early autumn, and a symphony of the nature by an orchestra of cicada.

Happiness is often very simple.

PS. I always find the castle wall of Korean palaces more friendly than the Chinese ones, simply because as a tributary of the Middle Kingdom, the former were not allowed to be as tall as the Forbidden City.

No comments: