Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Korea

On the next day after dinning with the senior physician, I went to Seoul for a business trip.

I arrived at the Incheon (仁川) Airport in the evening, and, as soon as I set my feet there, I could not stop thinking of Douglas MacArthur and the battle in 1950. In fact, I always wonder what would happen if the aggressive American General was given the free hand to handle all matters in the Far East and never called back by President Truman. Our world would be very different.

Alas, once again, there's no IF in history.

*************************

This is my first time to Korea, but I must say I'm not particularly keen of sightseeing - not to say I do not have the time. My hotel is next to Myeongdong (明洞), and the place is flooded with tourists from some strong country. In fact, when I was doing some inevitable shopping at a department store, I was forced to speak Putonghua - simply because those shopkeepers could only speak Putonghua or Korean.

Hong Kong is not alone.

No comments: