Saturday, August 9, 2014

Destiny

You may think I have a flight of idea. In reality, the conversation with my classmates went like this:

**************************
"How's S?" One asked. S was in an relation with Y when the two of them got admitted to the medical school. They broke up because of J, who married Y shortly after they graduated.

"S is fine," I said, "She remains single, but she's perfectly fine."

"I wonder what would happen if J never appears and S and Y continue to stay together," another one said.

"Don't be silly. There's no IF in history." I sighed.

"No, but, knowing the personality of S, I suppose she would have advised Y better when he faces so much trouble with his subordinates. He would have stepped down with respect and take the honorable way out."

"That may be true. However, I believe character is destiny. Y is resilient and, therefore, chose a wife who would lead him to the inevitable." I smiled and shook my head. A moment later, the joke of Bill Clinton came through my mind, and I added, "Well, if Y chose to stay with S, those self-righteous subordinates would have a different husband of J as their boss and everything remains the same!"

No comments: