Thursday, October 16, 2014

停課

The big news of our city in the past two weeks is, of course, the story of umbrellas and tear gas, and the conflict between yellow and blue ribbons.

I would not discuss what I think. To me, the important implication of this incident is the class suspension of all schools and kindergartens in the Central and Wanchai districts, and my two princesses have to stay at home.

To my surprise, Euterpe was utterly unhappy when she first heard of the news.

"Shouldn't you be delighted?" I asked her, "The dictation test will be cancelled."

"But it would also be our Casual Wear Day next Tuesday!" My princess retorted.

PS. Her school is probably fully aware of their frustration. The first message that I received from the school general office was the plan of re-scheduling the Casual Wear Day!

No comments: