Saturday, October 25, 2014

Gaddi's

Contrary to the humble Shanghai style noodle shop that I mentioned yesterday, there are outstanding exquisite restaurants that never seems to be properly recognized.

Gaddi's of the Peninsula is a perfect example.

I have the privilege to dine twice in this local Mecca of French cuisine. As an amateur gourment, I may not be able to tell heaven from a sky-high level - but the dishes are damn good. (Seriously many of the courses appear a trace too modern to me, and I would prefer something more traditional, less pretending, and more home-like. Well, that's a bias of mine.) And, together with the unassailable environment and irreproachable service, what more could you expect?

But, that's it. No star of Michelin. (Oh, even Tosca of Ritz Carlton...) I must take my hat off to the management and chef of Gaddi's, for they must know well how to score some stars, and they decide to persue what they believe and insist on things that they feel important.

They do not trade their character and personality for the stars.

No comments: