Thursday, October 9, 2014

Decision

My recent leisure reading is The Decision Book by Mikael Krogerus and Roman Tschappeler.

It is a small paperback that summarizes 50 common business models and algorithms that are used for business analysis and decision making. I find some of the models familiar as they are extrapolated and in active use in the academic circle (for example, the SWOT analysis), while others are written in the language of extra-terrestrials and could serve no purpose except obscuring - or replacing - ones own thinking.

You may ask: Why should I learn all these? Or, to begin with, why did I choose this book? The reality is the book was a random pick from a local bookstore, and I could not care less to read a book with no pragmatic value for my daily work.

Philosophy is the love of wisdom.

PS. As to pragmatic use, I really find this book exceedingly useful.

Or, I should put it like this: One of the chapters describes an important phenomenon about human memory and learning.

No comments: