Friday, October 17, 2014

Privilege

Although formal school classes were suspended, it doesn't mean that my princesses were staying home all day - for each of them has some extra tutorials that were continued as usual.

As usual, I picked up Euterpe after she finished with her English class in Tuesday evening. During the five-minute walk home, it has become our habit to enjoy some silly conversation:

"My dear, taking aside the Casual Wear Day incident, do you miss your school?" I asked.

"I must say yes," she sighed, "It's rather boring now. To say the least, I miss my classmates and teachers!"

"Quite true. Now, let's imagine, what would you feel if the school class is going to suspend for one or two whole years?"

"Oh! That's horrible!"

"Exactly. You know, there are many children around the world who have their school suspended for years because of war or political problems or other problems. Yes, that's horrible. Fortunately for us, I am sure your school life will return to normal very soon. In that case, do remember the horrible others and feel thankful for having the privilege of receiving education."

I sincerely hope she does understand what I mean.

No comments: