Monday, April 1, 2013

Disclaimer

As to the email I showed yesterday, I would have to add a disclaimer as footnote.

Here is what I have to say, slightly modified from Yes, Minister:

********************

This email of the Right Hon. Mr. X has not been edited (besides spelling and simple grammatical mistakes), and the fact has not been verified. I leave it to the readers to make their own judgement as to whether any given statement represents:

  1. what happened;
  2. what he believed happened;
  3. what he would like to have happened;
  4. what he wanted others to believe happened; or
  5. what he wanted others to believe that he believed happened. 

The truth is further obscured by reference to the memory and records of Mr. X.

********************
No, I'm not trying to say X is making up his version of story. Everyone, including myself, haspossible conflict of interest and may exercise economy of truth. By the law of physics, you need vertebral column to have a stand, and an opinion must have some bias.

No comments: