Sunday, April 28, 2013

Nightmare


(The letter that the First Lady wrote to M did not end there.)

My dear friend, to tell you the truth, Barack was dumbfounded at the executive meeting two months ago, when he was challenged by all the mayors and attorneys whom he appointed. Smoking in the City Hall! Who doesn't? It's just a matter of magnitude. And the evidence that Barack is smoking more than the others does not hold water. The design of the cigarette audit was hopeless, and the result presented was deliberately incomplete. In the meeting, my husband was shown with the result and then being kicked out from the Hall; there was no chance for him to defend - not to say any opportunity for him to go through the data and check with the accuracy. To use such an audit as the reason for banning my husband from going to the Hall is an insult to his citizenship. After all, Barack is a dutiful statesman and is keen to see his people (and party donors!) in the Hall!

Yes, I know it's all the idea of Joe, who is in charge of the business of this country. Or, is it from Norman - or Ben himself? (Szeto's note: Joe is the president of the Senate, Ben is the General Secretary of the United Nations, and Norman is the president of its Security Council.) M, in the past two months, Barack and I were living in hell. Or, was it all our nightmare? Neither of us could sleep well without dope. I write to tell you all these not because I want to seek your help. Nobody could help us.

But I just want you to listen to the other side of the story.

Sincerely, et cetera.

No comments: