Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reading


For obvious reasons I do not read only Kafka or Yann Martel. My recent leisure reading is Stepfather (繼父) of Miyabe Miyuki (宮部美幸).

In short, it is a collection of short detective stories centered around a thief and two school children. The plots are, seriously, not entirely exciting, and much of the deduction work is rather far fetched. Nonetheless, the characters are lively, conversations humorous, and this tiny paperback is, undeniably, an enjoyable reading.

********************
By the way, while many people have their favorite "comfort food" to ease their minds from excessive tension, I keep a few "comfort books" in my Kindle for the same purpose.

Here is my list:

  • Agatha Christie: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
  • Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: The Complete Sherlock Holmes
  • Philo Vance: The Benson Murder Case; The Canary Murder Case; The Greene Murder Case
  • 金庸:神鵰俠侶;倚天屠龍記;笑傲江湖

No comments: