Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sandwich


On a recent occasion, I had to do a kind of marathon teaching at the campus.

It was a rainy afternoon. The story goes like this: From 2:30 pm, I was asked to do some case presentation to our year one students, followed by another two hours of clinical demonstration at the Basic Science Building. By 6:30 pm, I had to appear in the Chung Chi College and do another two-hour lecture for another master course.

That's not an easy task - especially when you are having a sore throat. Thank goodness there's an hour break in between, sufficient for me to do some walking and take a good afternoon tea - or a light dinner if you prefer the term.

The problem for me was: Where to eat? CC Canteen is, for obvious reasons, to be avoided. But, you know my personality, I did some preparatory homework before I set off for the marathon, and, after a quick search on the Internet, I came to find a place called the American Sandwich Company - a small bistro hidden in the jungle of teaching complex.

I ordered a small burger with chips at the side and a glass of ice tea. Oh, I shall not tell you how they tasted - just that it is as good as another famous local burger shop at Hung Hum. (Interested visitors may like to refer to http://ccszeto.blogspot.hk/2008/08/standard.html)

However difficult our life may appear, there are always bits and pieces that we could find enjoyable.

No comments: