Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ramen


The psychology seminar over-ran, and it was close to half-past-one when Vivian and I had lunch.

Vivian decided to try Rasuperman, the successor of MIST - the first ramen restaurant that wins a Michelin star.

I must say our hope was high, and this classy bistro did not let us down. The noodle was suitably al dente (and gave me an deja vu feeling of dan-dan noodle [擔擔麵] from Sichuan [四川]), the miso broth was rich but not viscid, and the slice of pork was there to enrich the complexity of flavor and texture, not competing for the attention of our taste buds. Every bit of the dish, or the bowl, was a cut higher than any other ramen shop in the city - except the price was two cuts higher.

I still prefer Yokozuna (橫綱).

PS. I used to be a fan of the traditional Shoyu (soy sauce) broth but had turned to miso in recent years. It may merely be the problem of myself but I always find the Shoyu broth in Hong Kong not as rich as the ones I had in Japan.

No comments: