Friday, September 20, 2013

Card

While we were discussing about the new logo (and mission statement!) of our faculty, WM, our department executive officer, sent us an email and asked if we want to print new name cards with the new logo.

Of course, the card of all faculty staff would have the same design and layout.

In that afternoon, LS met me in the corridor and asked, "Szeto, are you going to have some new name cards?"

"Sure. I am running out of my old ones anyway. How about you?"

"Yes, and that's the point. I can't really figure out what titles to put on my new card." The professor of rheumatology said.

"I don't understand. What's the problem?"

"Alas, there are so many qualifications and positions to fit into that tiny little space. How could you do that? Can you show me your old card?" She said eagerly.

I remained puzzled when I opened my wallet and took out a card of mine. There are only 20 alphabets to summarize my qualifications, and my job title is a single word - the empty space is more than enough for all angels to dance on.

No comments: