Monday, September 9, 2013

Current

The adventurer seems annoyed with the rower's response, "Of course there are many other ways, but you are missing the quickest and most direct one."

"Am I?" L says with an indifferent tone, "Have you heard of the Kuroshio Current? I plan to catch it at the shore of Taipei, and, at this time of the year, it will bring me to the Tokyo Bay. No, it's not the North Pole yet. But it is a significant move, and the effort is minimal."

F feels sore. He has never thought of such a clever plan. But he decides to defend his obsession with the Polaris, "So, all you know is how to get to Tokyo. Have you considered how to get from there to our destination?"

"No, I don't, really. I shall think along the way and see if there is any opportunity for - I don't know what."

"I must say I shall not go with you but would have to continue with my own way," F shakes his head, "You have no strategy. Or your goal is blur and illusive."

"On the other hand, you have a clear goal but no tactic,"  the aborigine fancies he hears such a reply from the rower.

PS. The Kuroshio Current is also known as the North Pacific Current.

No comments: