Sunday, September 1, 2013

Trial

Met my friend L again on my way home. I could not resist the temptation to ask him for the opinion on some contemporary matter.

"My friend, what do you think about the recent trial?"

"Political matter - what else could it be?" He sneered.

"Em... do you think he is guilty?"

"That depends on your definition. Well, I suppose that's not the most interesting part of the story."

"In that case, what is interesting?" I asked.

"Look. This man is arrested for wrongdoings as a governmental official. Why should his post in the political party be taken away? We are almost coming to the old question: Government and Party, which is more important?"

"But, isn't it obvious enough? Since he is guilty on a governmental issue, he is not suitable as the leader of a political party. Isn't it?"

"Alas, is it really the usual practice?"

No comments: