Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Wait

K senses the air is not going in the right direction between the other two men and decides to divert their attention, "By the way, L, I know that you have been living on the other island for some years. When did you begin having the idea of going to the North Pole?"

The face of the rower turns slightly red, "I determined to go there when I was a boy. You know, I was born in the Easter Island and, to follow my dream, I took the advantage of the South Pacific Gyre and arrived at this part of the ocean three - or four, I'm not sure - years ago. Yes, after travelling thousands of miles!"

"How admirable!" K is really impressed, "But I must say I am confused. If you know of the Kuroshio Current, you can continue with you journey that and there. Why do you have to stay on that island for so many years?"

"The sight on the island is gorgeous! Oh, but seriously, I have been waiting all the years. I've got to check on the details and make sure how and where the current will be bringing me to, and I need some preparation - a strong canoe, sufficient amount of fresh water, and some food, just in case. Weren't these also the considerations when your ancestors brought you people here centuries ago?"

"I see," the aborigine nods, "However, may I ask one question? Say, if you die unexpectedly before you set off to Taipei, nobody would know you have a dream. Wouldn't you be considered as another inferior creature living without a purpose in this part of the world?"

No comments: