Monday, September 30, 2013

Higher

The chef remained silent for a while, and, then, he said, "Why is it necessary to become famous and get a higher ranking in your Tire-Man's Guide?"

"Two reasons there. First, you can attract more customers... em... so that more people could have the chance to enjoy your ramen!"

"Sir, my shop is small and seats are limited. There's really no way for me to serve any more people. After all, I am no financial tycoon and have no ambition of running a chain store. All I want is to have a handful of people enjoying my cookery and become satisfied every evening."

"Alas, look, even if you don't want a big business, you certainly need a good one. If you have a higher rank, you will attract more big spenders and make a better profit."

"That may be true, but, if I have to give up my character and flatter those thick-head terayaki or curry lovers in order to make a big money, I shall be another Faust!"

K shook his head and left the shop. He could never imagine what money can't buy.

No comments: