Friday, October 11, 2013

Conclusion

I must say I have to draw a conclusion to this little narrative - or reprint of email communication in reality.

My mysterious friend sent me a few more emails after the one you read two days ago, but I made no reply - except keeping my promise and sharing with her the chapter of my notes on heart problem. She was obviously scared (for reasons that I am not totally sure), so much so she made a few more Freudian slips and I learnt a bit more about her background.

And, for that reason, I would have to say something openly - but to a specific audience:

First, I have little prejudice against people from the mainland. All I said was, based on the method of using punctuations, my mysterious friend probably had her elementary education north to Shenzhen River. (My friend TW was slightly more incriminating, but I'm sure she means no harm.) As a matter of fact, my father was a refugee from Guangzhou, and both of my in-laws come from Beijing. They are decent people and I believe they are prototype rather than rare species. After all, gems remain precious in an universe of crooked physics - although their value may be neglected in such a place.

(To be continued.)

No comments: