Thursday, October 24, 2013

Owner

L remained uneasy, "Professor, would the... er... test on public hair a bit... innovative?"

"The test should actually be very accurate," the alternative scientist said without hesitation, "But you are right. We need to prove its validity. I think the bursary of the village should give me a good sum of money so that I could conduct some experiment in this regard."

L fancied he smelt something, but he decided to probe further, "Em... with this pubic hair test, if we do find a group of people possessed by Satan, what are we going to do with them?"

"We should try to clean up their soul. But, yes, I'm afraid we could do very little. Sophisticated devils are generally resistant to exorcists, and, based on my experience, the evil spirit usually becomes a permanent inhabitant."

"Alas, in that case, what should we do?" The mayor was now fully alarmed.

"We should keep them in the Paddock and treat the house as an asylum. I suggest I should take the full charge of it - I shall send my people there and see to the situation."

"Do you mean... we should make you - instead of Mr Ferrars - the owner of the house?"

No comments: