Sunday, October 13, 2013

Textbook

While my communication with a mysterious friend was unfolding in this site, we held the College's membership examination in my hospital.

I have very little to say about the conduction and running (except the fact that it was exceptionally slow and boring this time). As usual, while waiting for the Earth to turn, I had the gratifying opportunity of discussing various trivial issues with my friend VW.

"You know, it is rather disappointing to see our medical students nowadays - they do not read textbooks any more," my friend began, "All they study is Heyson's Notes!"

"I could understand your frustration. Brilliantly written as it is, the Notes is neither complete nor comprehensive."

"Exactly. And there is no short of good textbooks. Kumar & Clark is easy to follow. Alas, our student's don't even seriously study Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine - although most of them get one in their pocket!"

No comments: