Friday, November 28, 2014

Meeting

Lunched with Vivian in Central on a Saturday.

You may wonder, as my wife works in Kowloon and I north to the Lion Rock Tunnel, why the two of us ended up in the other side of the Harbour. The explanation is simple: Vivian had to attend an academic meeting in our sister medical school and, by the time everything was finished, it was well after two o'clock.

But, what brought my wife to the academic meeting? Again, there's little mystery: She is involved in the teaching of medical students from the other side of the Harbour.

************************
When the two of us finally settled in the Loyal Dining of Wellington Street, it was close to 3 PM.

"My dear, what meeting are you actually attending?" I asked once after making the order.

"Mid-term teaching feedback. In short, representatives from each and every hospital that helps in the teaching are there to discuss the performance of their students. At the same time, there are representatives from each group of student so that the department could also listen to their feedback about the arrangement of the teaching program."

I must say that sounds a good idea.

No comments: