Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ruminate

After a moment of silence, I asked, "My dear, how about the teaching evaluation of your hospital? I suppose it's all plain sailing?"

"Yes and no. It took probably two minutes to go through the feedback of my hospital, and the only solid suggestion that the students put up is we should give them fewer free sessions during the attachment."

"How could that be? I think all students like some leisure time? How did you respond?"

"I told the students that they are expected to make good use of the free sessions and see patients in the ward."

"That sounds reasonable but, if I were you, I would give a figurative answer."

"Which is...?"

"By choosing to become doctors, the students are expected to lead a life of donkey or cow, and they need time to ruminate after feeding!"

No comments: