Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Patrick

(Our lunch chat continued.)

"How's Patrick? He is now 22, or 23? Has he graduated from the University?" I asked. Patrick is his elder son, whom I met a few times when he was a toddler.

"Great memory, Szeto. Yes, he is now in the States and is going to graduate next summer."

"He's such a bright boy ever since he's a kid. Do Pat and you fly to the States often and visit him?"

"Not really. He's rather busy, and so am I - until recently." Nixon paused for a moment, looked as if he was brushing aside something from his mind before he went on, "The three of us have a regular Skype chat of 15 to 30 minutes every Sunday. You know, the world is so small now and we feel he is always with us. But, at the same time, he has the freedom to be out there and do things that he likes. Every young man has his own plan nowadays."

"So were we, wasn't it?" I laughed.

I was actually about to say my friend may find himself becoming grandfather very soon.

No comments: