Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Nixon

Had the rare opportunity of lunching with Nixon.

After all the scandals and charges and rebuttals, everything seems to have settled. To say the least, he had the mood to ask me out for lunch.

"How's everything?" I asked.

"Alas, life has to go on," the resigned president sighed. His eyes remained sharp and tone no less incisive. Nonetheless, he looked relaxed - something that I had not found in him for many many years. For a moment I had an urge to tell him to get away from lawyers, but I decided to talk about something more fundamental - literally, "How's Pat doing?"

I mean his wife.

"She's much better now. Less stressed, doing some exercise, and eating more. Actually she put back on a bit of weight"

"Great." I said to myself. Whoever is on the right, everyone suffered a lot.

No comments: