Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Nomination

My point of this lengthy discussion is simple: Even if we take aside the group that is probably paid to join the blue ribbons and some Communists' toadies, people going against the yellow campus is a heterogeneous group. A few are truly against democracy, some do not support universal suffrage, others do not agree with civil nomination, quiet a number just do not think the tactic of Occupying Central is a good move.

What is my stand?

Simple. I am against civil nomination.

And I could summarize my argument as this: If I were in charge of Zhongnanhai, I shall insist to have civil nomination in order to have a better grip on this delinquent southern city.

Why? Because civil nomination is, in reality, a system of open voting. As a factory worker, your manager or boss will come around and say, "Hey man, I nominate Mr Wolf as the next CE. Come, sign on this, you should nominate him as well..."

In that case, I do not only lose the right to vote for the one I prefer. I lose the right to remain silent.

PS. It is important to note that being against civil nomination does not necessarily mean that I support the other aspects mentioned in the first paragraph. However, since I have a dominating reason in this discussion, I could remain comfortably silent on other items.

No comments: