Saturday, June 15, 2013

Calendar

I give up using Moleskine to manage my calendar recently.

Frequent visitors of this site may know I had been using Google calendar until some three years ago, when I began my relation with the artistic hand-written notebook. (See http://ccszeto.blogspot.hk/2010/06/planner.html) My decision at that time had a very simple reason: my iPhone was slow; typing and synchronizing became a pain in the neck.

But things have changed. To begin with, it is another nuisance to go around with a hand-written diary and a mobile phone. The new mobile phone, together with the 4G network, is much faster. And, since I change to the Android system, working with Google is seamless.

The only other thing that I am not happy with the Google calendar (I mean the Android apps) is the screen becomes very difficult to read when two appointments clash with each other. For this apparently unimportant reason, I end up using the Jorte calendar (a free apps from the Play Store), which simply ignore overlapping appointments and show them all in series.

Well, Jorte also has a whole lot of pretty icons and the layout is more eye-catching than the generic Google, but that's less of my concern.

No comments: