Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Shop

As you may expect, as soon as I conclude that patients may not be in the best position to assess their doctors (especially physicians) because emphasis would be put inadvertently on skin-deep manner and short term symptom relief rather than genuine long term benefit, I come to realize students (not only medical students) may not assess their teachers properly.

But I could not dwell on this topic very long. I met L that evening and was about to tell him what I learnt in the specialty board examination. But, my friend was not in the mood.

His mind was obviously engaged in something else.

"You know, I went pass TST several times in the recent weeks," he explained, "To put it simply, I am intrigued by how those shoppes compete for business."

I nodded, because I knew what L meant. TST is the mecca of shopping and there are several dozens of famous stores, all selling exquisite and expensive shoes, handbags, jewels, and what not.

"So, have you heard of the recent story of C and H - the two most prestigious brands of handbag?"

Of course I had no idea.

No comments: