Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sustain

To go one step further, in addition to the cooked food, banquet organizers do not have to worry about leftover of raw material. For example, if you want to prepare a dish that needs two spoonful of salted shrimp paste, go buy a whole bottle - although you will have no idea where would the rest of the bottle become after the feast.

(One real example I encounter just now is I need one-third a pack of bacon for my hamburger steak, and, therefore, I bought one. I end up splitting the rest of the pack into two halves for separate dishes some days later - one sliced and stir-fried with snow peas, another minced with broccoli.)

You think what I mention is a trivial matter? Quite true. Nonetheless, it illustrates the fundamental difference in the skill required for a project (or event) organizer and an institute executive - or the founder and successor of a country.

For football lovers, it is also the difference between Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson.

No comments: