Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Cookery

I must say I may have been slightly harsh to the chef. After all, restaurants in a theme park are meant for satisfying the stomach rather than the taste bud of their visitors. Nonetheless, I did quite a bit of cooking during my (maid's) holiday, and should be in the position of criticizing other chefs.

On our way back, Vivian said with a casual tone, "It is an interesting coincidence that both gold medalists of your class love cookery."

I nodded. She was talking about my classmate TS, she actually mentioned that comment several times in the past - whenever we talked about kitchen matters.

"Similar as it appears on the surface, the difference of you two is equally remarkable," my wife went on, "Both of you are obsessive with all minor details. However, our classmate insists on top quality material. His motto is Food could never be too fine (食不厭精,膾不厭細). On the other hand, you are happy with ordinary ingredients and, I dare say, have a special interest in leftovers!"

I smiled and said to myself, "Very true. The difference reflects our personality as well."

No comments: