Saturday, August 10, 2013

Extra

(The discussion between the army general and the principal of the Naval Academy continued.)

"Since you know our plan so well, what do you think about our plan of attracting high flying students?" The senior naval officer asked.

"I'm not sure I know it well enough," the general twisted his lips, "I hear everything through the grapevine and the arrangement seems to have changed so often that I have difficulty to convince myself the version I know is going to be the ultimate plan."

"Alas..." The principal blushed a little, "I'm sure the one you heard last week is the final version."

"In that case the one on the web site is not..." The soldier murmured. But, in no time, he realized he was not in the position to make such a comment. To divert the attention of his friend, he quickly cleared his throat and said, "Do you mean the Elite Program? I mean, under your new program, really good students will join the second year of the academy instead of the first; these students will still take six years to finish with the study, but, instead of doing the first year, they will have an extra year of special study after the regular curriculum so that they could make themselves booming admirals in the future. Is that right?"

The principal nodded eagerly.

No comments: