Saturday, August 24, 2013

Reason

The priest takes a deep breath and says, "My child, may I know why you did all these?"

"My lord, I am worried. As you say, with time, the hole may become a big crack and ruin our city. To add oil to the fire, the hole seems so big and obvious to me but nobody seems to have noticed it!"

"But now you think it is just a tiny furrow on a piece of brick?"

"No, I still think it is a sizable defect. The officials say that they notice it all along and it is an inevitable problem for an enormous construction like the dam; they will mend it later, but it takes time."

The priest sighed, "My child, not only have you sinned, you have also done something very silly. Don't you know why no one says in the public that there is a hole on the dam although it seems rather obvious? From now on, if it does ever collapse, it will be all your fault!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The man who witnessed the building of the dam and the hole, said, "It is the best of times, it is the worst of times, we have everything before us, we have nothing before us..."

The crowd, used to enjoy the scenery of the dam and tried probbing the hole, went into a long and difficult silence.