Friday, August 23, 2013

Tell

The priest remains silent for a moment to digest the story of the young man.

"My child, do you mean it is a self-fulfilling prophecy - since you tell everyone there is a problem, you create the problem?"

"Yes and no. I suppose if I say nothing, the hole may be noticed by other people who pass by - it is not that difficult to notice anyway. However, since I say it in the public, the hole is enlarging very much quicker than it should be."

"My child, if you say nothing, the hole remains a time-bomb of our city."

"Yes, sir. That may be the case. But, rather than saying it aloud to everyone in the market, I should tell the engineer who built the dam. After all, he is my friend."

"In that case, do you mean there are two things you have done wrong: You make the hole bigger, and you hurt a friend of yours?"

The young man nodded.

No comments: