Sunday, August 11, 2013

Useless

"I must say I am slightly skeptical with the plan." The general appeared grim.

"Er...?" The naval officer was startled.

"Come on, my friend, I know what you're trying to do," the senior soldier tapped the shoulder of the principal, "Yes, those in the Elite Program would have a grandiose feeling - but what about all the other regular year one naval students?"

"Are you suggesting that they would be upset and feel inferior? That should not be a problem. The regular program is the same between our Academy and the West Point. After all, what we want to do is to give some pride and honor to a small group of high flying students, but not to demoralize the ordinary ones."

"No, what I mean is, in my opinion, the Elite Program is telling everyone - regular students, potential students, and the general public - that the first year of your regular program is entirely useless, and, therefore, could be do away with without affecting the subsequent naval study or the quality of the graduating officer!"

No comments: