Thursday, August 30, 2012

Changed

I shall not elaborate what happened during the birthday party - apart from the very fact that the story of stone-hat (石頭帽) in Doraemon keep flashing through my mind.

(For the reason of my fancy idea, you may like to read http://ccszeto.blogspot.hk/2010/06/blog-post_18.html)

**********************
The only remarkable happening to me in the party was, I was sitting next to S, the wife of KL - our star teacher. Although we know each other for some years, it was the first time we were engaged in some conversation.

And, in the middle of the evening, she asked a somewhat unexpected question, "Are you bored after staying in the same place for over 20 years, from a student to now a professor?"

She had obviously asked the same question to KL previously.

I was evasive with my answer. On a second thought, I have a slightly funny feeling: My office now used to be the on-call room when I was a house officer. Since we moved to the new block, many of the wards in the old days are now deserted.

The place has changed, and so are we.

No comments: