Thursday, August 23, 2012

Spoil


“What do you mean?” The girl was alarmed.

“You see, eighty percent of this dish are things that you like – the noodle, fish balls, turnip, and so forth. The pig colon occupies just twenty percent. A minor insignificant component, right?” The waiter tried to be persuasive.

All of a sudden, an old sayings of George Crabbe flashed through the girl’s mind: That was all wrong because not all was right.

“A tiny bit of colon would spoil the taste of the entire bowel,” she said.

"Pig colon is quite tasteless, and, since you like the skin and blood of the same livestock, I suppose you should be happy with that trace of porcine grease in your bowel?" The waiter was insistent.

"Alas, I must say I am not against eating pig colon. My mum cooks it as our dinner every now and then. The whole point is, I have no confidence of eating this very internal organ in your restaurant!" 

"Why on earth?" It became the waiter's turn to yell.

No comments: