Thursday, August 9, 2012

Doraemon

Shortly after my luncheon discussion with J, I took a day off to do nothing with my daughters.

Well, it's not entirely doing nothing. Vivian and I took our daughters to watch the movie Doraemon: Nobita and The Island of Miracle.

This is, in fact, the first time we brought Adler to the cinema. My younger daughter is just about two, and I always wonder if she could sit still in front of the screen for one-and-a-half hour. However, everything turns out fine. Yes, our little princess did struggle for a while in the middle of the film, but it didn't take long to cheer her up and catch her attention again. (The choice of movie is certainly important here - Doraemon is the first cartoon character that Adler could name.)

******************

When Fujiko F. Fujio (藤子・F・不二雄) died in 1996, there were rumors that he wrote the final chapter of Doraemon, in which Nobita Nobi (野比大雄) turns out to be an autistic child, and the robotic cat - as well as the adventures - are all his delusions.

I consider that the most malicious rumor in the 20th century - what is worse than ruining the dream of children?

No comments: