Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Classmate

On a recent occasion, I had the opportunity of paying a visit to the primary school that I used to study.

The sequence of event is convoluted. I graduated from the primary school in 1979 and lost touch with almost all my classmates. Well, I have autistic personality disorder and could hardly make friend with any of them. The curious happening was, although I was studying the afternoon class in those days, I happened to be able to make acquaintance with a boy from the morning class while he was standing next to me when we took the graduation photo together.

He is YF. Our story continued to unfold in an amazing way. We went to the same secondary school and were in the same class for a whole five years. We studied medicine together – and he is now a radiologist doing private practice. Unlike me, YF continued to keep in touch with our alma mater. When the headmaster invited him to pay a visit recently, he asked me to join.

I duly followed.

PS. The very fact that he could communicate with someone with an autistic personality like me does not necessarily mean that he is also autistic; it could, and in this case it does, mean that he has an exceptional personal skill.

No comments: