Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mental

Met my friend L during weekend. It has been quite a while since I last had the chance of chatting with him.

“My friend, I hear that your landlady has fallen sick again recently. How’re things getting on?” I asked.

“Do you mean, in your medical jargon, she has a flare up of her mental illness?” My friend said calmly. He was obviously not amused, “You are quite wrong there. I mean, my landlady is always a mad folie. Many a time she appears calm and content because no one touches her nerve and we don’t really pay much attention to her grumble.”

"Em... you may be right, but I suppose she's lost her nerve when she changes the tenancy agreement by her own will?"

"Alas, to her, there's no agreement as such," L signed, "To her, we are not her tenants, but children, and we give her money every month because we are doing our responsibility. For that reason, in addition to money, we should all love her - not the house, but her, the person - and she says repeatedly that she will run the house, including our rooms, in her own way."

No comments: