Sunday, June 15, 2014

Twenty

My recent leisure reading is What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20 by Tina Seelig.

It is a quick read – I finished half of it within a week and the rest on my recent flight to Singapore. The theme is simple (probably too much so): Unexpected opportunities are everywhere and we should tell ourselves everything is possible. Yes, that’s the kind of motto you hear from those self-help or mind-power courses. Nonetheless, the book is provocative and I do spend some time to consider what I wish I knew when I was 20.

Here are a few:
  1. Investment is more important than saving.
  2. There are no forever friends or enemies.
  3. A people has died.
  4. Revolution does not make things better.
  5. I cannot do everything, but, for the few things that I could do, I should do them well.


No comments: