Sunday, June 29, 2014

Different

(Their discussion continued.)

After a moment of silence, the Christy went on rather abruptly, “Oh, Hilda, I remember now. Your son Isaac is also studying K3 in the Island Kindergarten. What did he have for his English examination?”

“Alas, that could hardly be called an examination,” the Hilda blushed a little, “Each and every student of his class was asked to take turn and tell a short story in English in front of the whole class.”

“You see? That’s what we call a relevant examination – it is testing a meaningful aspect of their English skill!” Chirsty almost screamed.

****************
"Em... excuse me..." All of a sudden, a voice appeared from the back of the two women.

There stood a middle age man.

He moved forward, bowed in an exaggerated manner, and introduced himself, "Ladies, I am Sam, an educationalist - in fact, I am a teacher of the Countryside Kindergarten. May I join the discussion?"

No comments: